Spring is here and we have many sunny days to look forward to! You are going to need your sunglasses! Do you know where they are? 🙄
Many of us wear glasses every day. Do you know where yours are, right now? 🙄
When you are fast approaching 50 as I am, there are only a few who still manage without reading glasses … Do you know where yours are? 🙄
Stop looking for them all the time! Crochet a eyeglass chain and wear them around your neck instead! Or crochet a whole bunch and coordinate them with the color of your clothes! 🙂
I have made mine as decorative necklaces with help of glass beads.
(Follow this link if you prefer instructions in Swedish!)
You will need:
- Yarn – I have used Catania, which is a 100 % cotton yarn and a 3 mm hook.
- Beads (you need approx 100-130) with a hole big enough to be thread on to your yarn.
- Eyeglass chain holders made of silicon. These will be found in almost every beadshop on the net.
This is how you do it:
- Start with threading the beads on to your yarn.
- You crochet with chains.
- If you like your beads close to one another (as mine are) you put one bead in to every chain.
- The perfect length of your chain is approx 62-65 cm + holders.
- Fasten the holders at the ends.
✿ BautaWitch ✿ Åsa Bautovic ✿